With the increasing demand for high throughput technology in biological studies at EMBL the requirement for bioinformatics supporting GeneCore's users has greatly increased. Starting with microarray analysis it has been necessary to offer guidance about the best ways to analyze data produced and this has increased massively with the incorporation of Next Generation Sequencing in GeneCore's portfolio of services. We deal with the ever increasing amount of data produced and are working to enhance the output of the sequencer giving the best data yields possible.
At GeneCore we provide the following Bioinformatics Support
- Assistance with experimental design of high throughput studies, such as required samples and replicates.
- Guidance on analytical techniques to orientate our users in the world of high throughput data analysis.
- Custom software development of analytical tools such as the MiChip Bioconductor library for the MiChip miRNA microarray platform.
- Assistance with the use of many NGS open source analysis tools.
- In certain cases data analysis on a collaborative basis.
The bioinformaticians at GeneCore have written various NGS analysis pipelines and applications as part of their work supporting and improving NGS data analysis here. They also have a large amount of experience giving training and support to our wet lab users through many collaborations and several training courses they teach each year.